Silver Swans™ Ballet Classes for 55+
What is Silver Swans™ ?
Silver Swans™ is developed by the Royal Academy of Dance. This ballet program is based on research into dance practice for older learners and classes can only be taught by Silver Swans™ Licensees. Silver Swans™ teachers are trained specifically to teach a range of abilities (seated or standing) and ages over-55, but you're free to join us whatever your age!
These open, accessible and low-impact classes are set to beautiful classical music from TV and film. Sarah uses bold, inspiring pieces from Outlander, Call the Midwife, Downton Abbey and Poldark in addition to traditional favourites such as Swan Lake and Coppélia. Classes are for both complete beginners and experienced dancers. These fun, educational classes will help improve your mobility, posture, co-ordination, cognitive ability and energy levels.
Most importantly, these classes are an opportunity to have fun, expand your social circle and enjoy the sense of well-being that dance brings.
If you are looking for a new way to keep fit and active these ballet classes will put a spring in your step!
Improve your dance-life balance!
The health benefits of dance are well documented. Scientific research shows that 75% of the factors affecting the quality of life and longevity are related to lifestyle while only 25% are hereditary. Research often puts dance ahead of other physical activities in the variety of health benefits that it brings. There’s no excuse for not being more active, whatever your age, and dance can play a vital role in ensuring a longer and higher quality of life.
9 ways in which dance can improve your life:
• Dance increases your energy levels
• Dance classes are a great way to expand your social circle/meet new people
• Dance can help reduce stress and support weight loss
• Dance can reduce the risk of cardiovascular disease
• Dance slows aging by improving the immune system
• Dance can help diminish the symptoms of depression
• Dance improves balance, resulting in fewer falls later in life
• Dance increases cognitive ability by promoting new connections in the brain
• Dance can enhance your sense of well-being and confidence